VAPOUROUND VAPE LOUNGE
You have the right to object to us processing your personal data for direct marketing, which we do only with your explicit consent, as outlined in this policy.
You also have the right to stop or prevent us from processing your personal data, which may be carried out for the purposes of our legitimate interests.
For more information, see the section called ‘Rights’ below. But first, get to know us a little!
WHO ARE WE?
Registered company name: VAPOUROUND VAPE LOUNGE DERBY
Registered address: Markeaton House, 3 Slater Ave, Derby DE1 1GT, United Kingdom
Registered Company No.: 10475865
Registered Data Protection No.: ZA465911
Website and Online Shop: Website to be hosted on vapouroundlounge.co.uk
WHY DO WE NEED YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We endeavour to bring you the latest vape news, offers, promotions and rewards to serve you, our customers. To do this, we will be sending you promotional emails such as weekly emails about the offers we currently have on in our vape lounge.
WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL DATA IS REQUIRED?
We will just need your name and email address, plus age verification as vaping is an over-18s activity.
WHY WE NEED TO KNOW YOUR AGE:
Under the Tobacco and Related Products Regulation, it is illegal to sell or market a vape product to minors (under 18) in the United Kingdom. This is why we may ask for age verification at various points of your consumer journey on our site. We reserve the right to ask for proof of identity, such as a passport or driver’s license, where we need to verify your date of birth. In such cases, this information will not be stored by us.
WHEN AND WHY DO WE NEED YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
So that we may email you for direct marketing purposes where we have your explicit consent to do so, or in the event of you having bought something on our site. If we email you because you previously made a purchase on our site, this is because we believe it is in our legitimate interest to do so. Equally, in such a case, we would also believe that it is in your legitimate interest to hear from us for a particular reason. One such example might be that you might want to know more about the product you bought, you may be interested in seeing new stock we just added to the shop, or you might want to view what we have on sale.
WHY DO I NEED TO GIVE YOU CONSENT TO EMAIL ME?
There are two pieces of legislation which protects you, the consumer, from having your data processed unlawfully. The GDPR and PECR require businesses to obtain consent before commencing a conversation that can be defined as ‘Direct Marketing’ to a consumer. We like to do things right, so before we send you any marketing emails, we must ask for your explicit consent. Consent is one of the legal bases we can use as a reason for processing personal data.
WHAT IF WE HAVE A PRE-EXISTING RELATIONSHIP?
We define a pre-existing relationship as one based on a sale. So, if you previously made a purchase from us, and in doing so, shared your name and email address with us online or in our vape lounge, we may email you about offers, promotions and competitions on our site, where a legitimate interest assessment finds we can lawfully do so.
WHAT RIGHTS DO I HAVE AS A CONSUMER UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAW?
- The right to be informed – You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal data and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this policy.
- The right of access –You have the right to obtain access to your personal data (if we’re processing it), and certain other information (similar to that provided in this policy). This is so you’re aware and can check that we’re using your personal data in accordance with data protection law.
- The right to rectification – You are entitled to have your personal data corrected if it’s inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure – This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your personal data where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
- The right to restrict processing –You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your personal data. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal data, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their personal data to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
- The right to data portability –You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. For example, if you decide to switch to a new provider, this enables you to move, copy or transfer your information easily between our IT systems and theirs safely and securely, without affecting its usability.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to processing for direct marketing (which we do only with your consent) and also to processing which is carried out for the purposes of our legitimate interests.
- The right to lodge a complaint – You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal data with your national data protection regulator.
- The right to withdraw consent – If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). This includes your right to withdraw consent to us using your personal data for marketing purposes.
DATA PROTECTION LAW IN THE UK REQUIRES ALL ORGANISATIONS TO SET A DATA RETENTION PERIOD.
This is a timeframe during which we feel it is reasonable to communicate with you. We set this as 2 years from October 26 2020. If, after 2 years, you haven’t been engaging with our marketing communications, we will forget your personal data and you won’t hear from us again.
HOW IS MY PERSONAL DATA GOING TO BE PROCESSED?
All personal data belonging to consumers will be securely stored using an online data tool called Mailchimp. We will also be using a secure online payment gateway called Trust Payments. Aside from these two sites, which are secure and password protected, we will not share your personal data with any other third party, without seeking your prior consent.
I HAVE A COMPLAINT / REQUEST, WHO DO I CONTACT?
If you have a complaint or a request pertaining to the processing of your personal data, please email:
firstname.lastname@example.org. We have a small team so please allow us 30 days to respond to your query.